Move services to new version of ArcGIS Enterprise

02-26-2021 09:04 AM
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

We are currently running ArcGIS Enterprise 1071 with about 100 services. We have deployed Enterprise 1081 and I am looking for a way to migrate services to the new GIS Server without going through each MXD/APRX and republishing to 1081. Can this be done?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How are the services published? Are they hosted feature layers, services published from a registered data source, or copied onto the ArcGIS Server machine?

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

Sorry - should have included this. The services are published from a registered data source, usually an enterprise geodatabase. 

There may be a few that are copied over and a few hosted, but those are not really high importance to migrate for us at this time. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Tiger

We are facing the same issue here when we upgrade to the latest version. I don't think there is a way to transfer the services from the existing environment to the new one when you are using "register data source."

Regards,

Bing

0 Kudos
tigerwoulds

Darn, wish that wasn't the case. Thank you for confirming. 

0 Kudos
Todd_Metzler

Hello,

Are you able to upgrade your current (server 1) 1071 server to 1081?  If so, then, after the upgrade you can join the new (server 2) 1081 server to the site.  After joining, allow time for synch.  A quick way to verify synch complete is the ArcSOC.exe processes on both servers are the same count.  Then copy the system folders to the new server, repoint the config store to it's new location, then remove the original machine from the site.  This might even work without upgrading server 1 to 1081 1st.  I don't recommend attempting that on a production system until confirming the 1071,1081 servers can participate in a single site.

Todd

0 Kudos