Missing SpatialAnalysisTools GPServer after ArcGIS Server upgrade from 10.3.1 to 10.4.1

07-13-2016 02:12 PM
DanielWilson
New Contributor III

Has anyone seen any issues registering a datastore after upgrading a HA AGS and Portal from 10.3.1 to 10.4.1.  I'm installing the ESRI data store and when I it creates the the database I get the following error. Machine 'https://XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/arcgis/admin/data/registerItem' returned an error. 'Error registering item. Failed to start one or more services. 'Service 'SpatialAnalysisTools'.'GPServer' does not exist in folder 'System'.''

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Did you upgrade your Server site to 10.4.1 BEFORE upgrading the ArcGIS Data Store to 10.4.1?

I am guessing that you have Portal for ArcGIS deployed with a hosting server configuration, which means a Server site is federated with Portal. When upgrading a federated Server site with Portal, the order in which you upgrade (Portal vs. Server site) does not matter. But for the hosting server (e.g., Server site with ArcGIS Data Store), the order does matter and you need to upgrade the Server site first, then upgrade the ArcGIS Data Store.

Hope this helps,

DanielWilson
New Contributor III

Hello Derick,

Yes, we upgraded ArcGIS Server to version 10.4.1 before ever trying to install the ArcGIS Data Store component. This was the first time we have attempted to install the ArcGIS Data Store. Previously we were using SQL Server SDE as our hosting server. After installing Portal and Server 10.4.1 I removed SQL Server as the hosting server and installed ArcGIS Data Store 10.4.1.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Please contact Esri Tech Support and open an incident so they can investigate further. I don't think it is possible OOTB to migrate/upgrade a hosting server configuration based on an enterprise geodatabase (in your case ArcSDE using SQL Server) directly to the ArcGIS Data Store.

Good luck,

0 Kudos