Minimum enterprise geodatabase table config for sync to support distributed collaboration

Jump to solution
07-13-2023 07:26 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

We currently have a collaboration setup between Enterprise and AGOL, to support replicating enterprise data to our AGOL users.  That is currently the only requirement - no disconnected or multi user editing needed.  Just copying our data to AGOL easily.   

To enable sync for a feature service, my understanding is I had to enable Global IDs on table, as well as versioning (I use traditional versioning, create a replica for each map).  Then I can publish the service with sync enabled, and share the feature layer to the collaboration group and voila.  

However, now I cannot use the TruncateTable operation on my table, which breaks a lot of my ETL functionality.  

Is there a different way to do this, or do I have to change TruncateTable to the much slower DeleteRows in order to keep my sync capability?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Considering you don't need multi-user editing, I'd suggest unregistering as versioned and enabling archiving. This is described in the following scenario on the ArcGIS Pro documentation:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/prepare-feature-layer-data-...

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Truncate Table (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

• Versioned data is not supported as input. Data must be unregistered as versioned before the tool will run successfully.

These other links might also help.
Configure a map service—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
Prepare data for use in offline feature services—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation
Enable layers for offline mapping—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Support Services: Feature Service Sync | Esri Training Web Course

Support Services: Perform a Feature Service Sync Manually Via the REST Endpoint | Esri Training Docu...

Support Services: Deploying and Using ArcGIS Enterprise Services | Esri Training Web Course

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Considering you don't need multi-user editing, I'd suggest unregistering as versioned and enabling archiving. This is described in the following scenario on the ArcGIS Pro documentation:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/prepare-feature-layer-data-...

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."