Method failed.HRESULT = 0x80004005 : Unspecified error .

08-12-2013 11:11 AM
YimanSong
New Contributor III
I got this error from System/PublishingTools.GPServer, when I try to publish a script that reads a .SDE connection. Does it suggest a permission error? The sde connection connects as a sql server database user.
Tags (2)
10 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor
Hi,

please contact your Esri Technical Support representative so you we can help you with this. The error message is too generic for us to help through the forum.

Thanks,

Ismael Chivite
0 Kudos
ChristopherPerry1
New Contributor
Too generic?  Looks pretty standard to me:

Unable to process request. null
Error while processing catalog request. AutomationException: Unspecified error
ServiceCatalog failed to process request. AutomationException: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
Internal Server Error. null
0 Kudos
EddieJesinsky
New Contributor
Also having the same issue. Any chance you figured out the root cause?
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
Out of nowhere these errors just started happening, took down the entire server. ArcGIS 10.1 SP1, Win 2008 R2. May correlate with Event Viewer>Windows Logs>Application Error:

Faulting application name: ArcGISServer.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4dcc6a08
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000057e15
Faulting process id: 0xde0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1cdc8f5e76c9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\framework\etc\service\bin\ArcGISServer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 90cbf9e1-89ea-11e3-96e1-0050568019bb

Any resolution of the above posts??
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Are the sde connections registered with ArcGIS Server?

I have not used the AGS publishing tool, but in order to create geocode services I needed to register the sde connections of the associated address locator with AGS.  I received an error if I did not complete this step.
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
Yes, all active SDE connections are registered. One development connection is not registered, but those services are not running either, or erroring either.
0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor
Does the script run without issue if launched as a stand-alone script rather than through a service?
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Can you publish any services (e.g. simple mapservice)?

If not, then maybe you had an EDN license that expired on that specific server?
0 Kudos
LukeBehling
Occasional Contributor
I don't have a script published - these are all Map, Geocode, Image, Feature Services.

I was able to publish a service - the EDN server has been isolated, same errors, no reference to the dev server anymore.

Strange thing is - today errors are still occuring in the GIS Server logs, but no more Event Viewer errors. We had Windows Updates applied, but could find no reference to which (if any) would have caused this.

All is back to NORMAL?!
0 Kudos