Match with No Zone in GeoCode Service

04-05-2021 02:50 PM
MattFancher1
New Contributor III

I used the "create locator" GP tool in Pro 2.7 to create a locator. After it was created I modified the geocoding options to allow "match with no zones" and then published the locator to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server (v10.6.1). All that worked fairly well, except I still have to include a zone in the search criteria to get a match. For example, I can't just search "90 W Broad St". I have to search "90 W Broad St, Columbus, OH".

This is my first attempt creating and publishing a locator from Pro. I've always used ArcMap and had no problem with this. Anyone with a similar experience or advice?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Can you post the parameters from the tool history that show how it was set up?  What type of locator is it:  A single or multiple role.  Did it work as expected before you published it?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MattFancher1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the quick reply. I believe the locator is single role. Here are some details about it:

MattFancher1_0-1617664667716.png

MattFancher1_1-1617664701826.pngMattFancher1_2-1617664728825.png

It does seem to work as expected prior to publication. I can add the locator to my Pro project and find addresses without the city, state, or ZIP entered as part of the search criteria.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

The parameters are what the create locator tool uses.  If you go to your geoprocessing history you can grab the parameters and copy and paste them into a text file.  I do that all the time so I can paste that text in a python script.  See gif below.  

At sometime I thought I read about the same problem that I had or someone else had and posted it here.  But I couldn't find anything.  Sending a shout out to a couple of ESRI Geocoding SMEs: Shana or Brad, is there an issue with zone/no zone once you publish a locator?

@ShanaBritt 

@BradNiemand 

Parameters.gif

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

10.6.1 ArcGIS Server had limited support for the new locators and this property was not yet supported at that version of ArcGIS Server.  In order to have support for the "Match with no zones" property, you will need to move to a newer version of ArcGIS Server.

Brad

MattFancher1
New Contributor III

Thank you Brad. Do you know if "match with no zones" is supported at ArcGIS Server 10.7.1? Or do I have to go higher that that?

0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor

I am almost positive that 10.7.1 supports this property but I can't seem to track down the exact date/release it was installed to truly verify.

Brad

0 Kudos
MattFancher1
New Contributor III

Thanks again Brad.

I tested this morning and confirmed that "match with no zones" is supported in ArcGIS Server 10.7.1.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

It is also a good idea to pass location with all REST requests to improve behavior (both performance and quality). If the locator is published as a service the Location parameter should be used in the request to boost geocoding candidates based on their proximity to the location, which could be the center of the map or data used to build the locator. Candidates near the location are prioritized relative to those farther away. See the optional location parameter in the list of parameters here, https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/find-address-candidates.htm#GUID-39...

0 Kudos
FrankMatzen
New Contributor III

Here is an address that matches to a street with a different ZIP (Postal). Why is this happening? How can I fix this, so the address will only match to a street with the same ZIP? I created this ArcPro 3.0 geocode service from a composite locator. The composite locator consists of 6 individual street address locators. "match with no zones"  is set to No, in all 6 of the individual locators. This geocode service is in ArcGIS Server 10.9.1.

FrankMatzen_0-1665076927103.png

0 Kudos