Map Feature service is running slow

02-08-2016 09:59 PM
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

I have a feature service containing more than 200 thousand customers.i have made a web mapping application to create/edit customers data , but the thing is my customer feature service is taking too much time to load.My server specification are Intel Xeon  E5620 GHz and installed ram is 32 Gb.I am using Arcgis desktop and server 10.3 with oracle. Please suggest me how can i optimize my feature service to run fast.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Sibghat,

It's recommended to have only 1,000 - 2,000 features returned by the server for a service.  This threshold will provide the best performance.  You can also set up scale dependencies.  For example, you could set the service to only be visible at large scales (i.e. > 1:9,000).  Another option, if the data does not change often, is to create a tiled service layer to accompany your feature service.  You can use the tiled service to display at small scales, and as you zoom in to larger scales you then use the feature service.

One questions, are you currently working with an ArcGIS Online Hosted Feature Service or an ArcGIS Server Feature Service?

http://support.esri.com/fr/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/44060

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jake,

I am using Arcgis server feature service.My data needs to be updated from different survey teams, so i can not go for tile map service.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is the REST URL available exernally?  If so, can you share it?

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

No it is not.

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

Dear Jake,

one thing i forget to mention is that my features layer has related tables.Is this the one of the reason it is slow??

0 Kudos