Lost connection to Active Directory for Authentication

04-10-2013 06:40 AM
MuryadiOey
New Contributor III
Hi All,
I am wondering if anyone has any experience and figure out why ArcGIS server keeps lost their connection to Active Directory for Authentication?, the error message is

" An error occurred while searching for users:  [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece] "

For your information, I have multiple AD servers that server in Windows Domain. Usually, I found out when I can't login to Server Manager using my AD account. To fix it, I login as PSA account and reconnect to domain.

Appreciate any of your input.

Thank you
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonPeck
New Contributor
I am experiencing this same problem.  I usually find out the same way as you:  Can't log in with my domain account, have to use the PSA account and reconnect to the domain.  I have this issue on all my ArcServers (4) instances v10.1.1, running separately not clustered.

So far my only theory is that when my password expires in Active Directory and I set a new one, the ArcServer credentials are no longer valid from when I initially entered it.  I have noticed that when I change my AD password that the connection from ArcServer to the AD store is no longer set.  I have to re-enter my new password and it will work again.

Have you recently changed passwords? 

I am about to create a new AD account whose password never expires and try using those credentials to connect to AD in ArcServer.

If anyone has any other ideas or experiences I would like to hear about it.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
NicholasGross
Occasional Contributor II
I just encountered this same issue. My account was the one initially used to set up the connection between AGS and Active Directory and when my password expired this morning and I had to create a new one, I could no longer login to AGS Manager or any secure services. Using the Primary Site Admin account, I was able to log in to find an empty user list and an error (Unfortunately, I didn't copy down the error). Re-setup AGS security with the same parameters and the problem is fixed.

Not sure if it matters, but our users are managed by Active Directory and roles managed by AGS built-in store.
0 Kudos