Locally hosted print service not printing tiled cache map service ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1

03-30-2021 01:42 AM
KritiRana
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am trying to print a locally hosted tile cache map service using an in house print service on ArcGIS Server 10.6.1. 

The cached tiles are stored in a shared drive.

I can see the hosted tile cache service in the web application as a basemap but when the printer tool which is configured with locally hosted print service is executed to print the generated output is checkered image or blank image. 

Any inputs would be of great help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

Since you can see the tile cache service in the web application, I'm assuming permissions are not the issue but I'm still going to ask: does the ArcGIS Server and Portal service account have sufficient access to the tiles stored on the shared drive?  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kriti, 

I have dealt with a similar issue. There are couple of reason this can occur. 

1. Permission issue. 
  2. Mosaic dataset issue.

Printing service uses dynamic service. Please load the map service in to ArcGIS Pro, and then right-click uncheck 'service cache'. If you see checkered image, then the issue lies on the service itself rather than on the tile cache. This way, you can narrow down the issue. 

0 Kudos
KritiRana
New Contributor II

Hello All,

Thank you for your responses. The issue still persists, I checked the permissions and have few other observations:

1. I am able to print other layers present in the application using the print tool but the tile layers still give checkered output in PDF.
  2. The ArcGIS server service account has full control of the shared folder where we have the tile package. Also, we have added the Folder as data store in AGS Server.
  3. I am able to view the tiles from the service in the network tab of the application and also the tile data is visible on map as a basemap in the application.

Please let me know if there should be anything else I should consider checking to resolve the issue. Any leads would be very useful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WilliamCraft
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you checked the debug ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS logs to see if there might be some helpful information?  How about your browser's Developer tools... any errors shown in the Console tab?  

0 Kudos