Linux: Error trying to connect web adaptor to portal

03-03-2020 12:06 AM
AndrewClark2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am setting up an ArcGIS portal 10.7.1 in Linux (Centos 7) and am running into an issue trying to configure the web adaptor. I am using a domain from godaddy and have it setup with the A names for www, portal, and @ (and they all work). I have apache SSL and Tomcat connected through a JK_mod connector. I have also installed Portal on the server and can access it through https://localhost:7443/arcgis/home.

My issue is that when i open the ArcGIS Web Adaptor 10.7.1 it gives me the following message: Unable to configure the ArcGIS Server with the Web Adaptor. Please make sure that the server machine is running and that the account specified has administrative privileges to the site.

I cannot figure out the error message and why it is not working.

The Tomcat Log shows a few error messages that might help figure out the problem:

Mar 03, 2020 2:50:42 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
INFO: Deployment of web application archive /var/lib/tomcat/webapps/portal.war has finished in 1,880 ms
Mar 03, 2020 2:50:46 AM com.esri.arcgis.server.wa.data.Config initialize
WARNING: Unable to load web_adaptor.properties configuration file
Mar 03, 2020 2:50:46 AM com.esri.arcgis.server.wa.servlet.WebAdaptorConfigServlet service
SEVERE: null
Mar 03, 2020 2:50:50 AM com.esri.arcgis.server.wa.servlet.WebAdaptorConfigServlet service
SEVERE: null

Thanks in advance of your help!

Andrew

3 Replies
FabianoScardua
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem.

0 Kudos
KlausWieland
New Contributor II

Same here with 10.6.1 and suse 12

Is catalina.out of your Portal saying the same?

Caused by: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.json.JSONException: A JSONObject text must begin with '{' at character 1 of ...

at com.esri.arcgis.discovery.json.JSONTokener.syntaxError(JSONTokener.java:454)

0 Kudos
FilipeArão
New Contributor

Not solved? I have the same problem here.

0 Kudos