Select to view content in your preferred language

Limited Functionality in Server Manager

08-23-2023 06:56 AM
mikeytes
New Contributor II

Greetings,

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1

I'd like to be able to start/stop, change time zones, etc for hosted feature services. From ESRI documentation, I expect to see the following..

mikeytes_0-1692798858471.png

However, this is what I observe in our server manager.

mikeytes_0-1692805014201.png

Strangely enough, our map image layers have full capabilities! Just not hosted feature layers...

Any idea why this is so?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

greetings @mikeytes 

Hosted feature layers are created when you publish directly to the Portal's Hosting ArcGIS Server. These are stored in the Portal's Relational Data Store.  If you want to manage their properties, you do so through their Item page in the Portal's Content. Even though they appear in the Hosted folder in Server Manager, they are not managed through that interface.

Please, have a look at the Hosted Hosted service published to ArcGIS Enterprise and Hosted Layers documentation for more information.

Hope the above is of help.

Miguel
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @mikeytes 

As @MiguelParedes mentioned that the capabilities for these layers are not managed from ArcGIS Server Manager.

However, I would recommended definitely having a look at those documents mentioned above which will help you understand that the start/stop is not possible for Hosted Feature Layers but other changes are possible to achieve.

Note : Prior to making any changes understand the full impact of those

I would suggest two possible ways which I utilize in these scenarios for e.g. to update "maxRecordCount" or "Configure time zone settings" etc.

Method 1 : Performing this from ArcGIS Pro

1. In ArcGIS Pro, navigate to the Catalog pane.
  2. On the Catalog pane, select Portal > My Content.
  3. Under My Content, select the desired layer. 
  4. Drag and drop the layer into the Contents pane
  5. Export the data to Feature Class
  6. Right-click the output from above tool > Select Sharing > Overwrite Web Layer.
  7. On the Overwrite Web Layer pane, select the hosted feature Layer and click OK.
  8. When prompted with the warning message, click OK.
  9. Click the Overwrite Web Layer pane > Configuration.
  10. Click Configure Parameters. Under Time zone, select the desired time zone or "maxRecordCount" (screenshot attached for reference)
  11. Click Analyze then Publish.

Method 2 : Editing from ArcGIS Server Admin endpoint (Please note that this is a more severe approach and need understanding of the changes you are making)

Furthermore, I would suggest that utilize the ArcGIS Pro method as it allows you to have an easy method to achieve the result as well as allows you not change things from the different endpoint which is much better approach

Hope it helps!

-Archit

0 Kudos