License Renewal for Enterprise Geodatabases

09-29-2015 09:48 AM
BrianCulpepper
New Contributor III

We have ArcGIS Server (10.x) installed and have recently renewed our Annual Licensing for

these products.  We also have a couple of Enterprise Geodatabases (postgreSQL) installed

that have been activated using our ArcGIS Server licenses (keycodes).  We manage these

Enterprise Geodatabases via ArcCatalog.

Is there a way to update our licensing for these Enterprise Geodatabases, prior to our Annual renewal deadline?

The last few years we were prompted from within ArcCatalog to 'see your Geodatabase Administrator for upgrading

your license files for this GDB', and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.   Surely this issue has been corrected, but

i've not found anything yet.

thanks in advance!

Brian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Brian,

You are able to update the license file with the ArcSDE commands.

Here is a blog that covers this topic: Updating the license for ArcSDE enterprise geodatabases at 10.1 | Support Services Blog

-George

Geodatabase

--- George T.
BrianCulpepper
New Contributor III

Thanks George,

I'm using 10.2.2 Server and have not installed ArcSDE command-line tools, so I just double-checked

my ArcCatalog "Enterprise Geodatabase" tools to make sure 'upgrade license' wasn't included without

my knowledge.

So, the ONLY way to accomplish the 'license renewal' in advanced of your Enterprise Geodatabase

license expiration date is via ArcSDE command-line in versions 10.2+?

Thanks for your clarification; i was aware of the 10.0 and 10.1 ArcSDE commandline options, but

i've not installed those in later releases... is ArcPy and option?

thanks again

brian

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Brian,

Nope, the only supported way is to update the Enterprise GDB license with the ArcSDE command-line tools. You do not need to create an ArcSDE Application Server service, just install the PostgreSQL command-line tools from the MyEsri Portal.

Hope this helps clarify any questions.

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos