License expiry soon - Will new license overwrite the previous or do i need to deauthorise first?

05-06-2021 06:00 AM
SamJakson
New Contributor III

My license manager is running concurrent licenses that are expiring soon, I'm ready to update with new ones however I'm confused as to whether the old ones will be overwritten automatically or if I should deauthorise them before authorising the new ones? Any help would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

If you're talking about just having to update your license manager with the new license manager file, you can just update.  Like going from the current 2020.0 to 2020.1.  Just make sure you follow the guide here:

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/license-manager/latest/welcome.htm

and make sure you've got all your authorizations and ecp codes from your orgs MyEsri

0 Kudos
SamJakson
New Contributor III

I'm not talking about updating the license manager software (currently on 2020.1), but the licenses themselves.

For example, 20 Desktop standard licenses will expire on 30th May 2021, I have the provisional file containing ECP codes from myesri to authorise  20 new ones that expire 30th May 2024.

My question is do will these new ones overwrite the previous, or do i need to deauthorise them first?

Thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @SamJakson, just have everyone check back borrowed licenses and make sure all the licenses are in the license manager when you authorise , you do not have to deauthorise first, if there are some expired extensions that you did not relicense deauthorise  those if you have expire warning on.

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Because you're updating the licenses and not adding new ones, deauthorize the current licenses and authorize with the new license file.  It should take about a minute or two to do so.  

0 Kudos