Is there an option to give publisher permission to specific arcgis server folder only?

06-28-2015 01:09 AM
NoamLowi
New Contributor II

Hi,

I want to allow specific user to publish data to my arcgis server. The problem is that I want this specific user to be able to change/modify/delete only services he created/specific services.

I thoght to create arcgis server folder,  and allow this user to access only this folder and prohibit from him to access all other services and folders.

Is there an option to do so, or other solution to tge the problem i have described?

Regards,

Noam

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I see what you are saying Xander (took me a bit), and you re probably right.  In that case, my suggestion wouldn't work.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Using operating system privileges to manage folder access is not possible (there is only one user involved at the service process level).  It could, however, be a very effective way to disable part or all of ArcGIS Server functionality, possibly in a way that would cause data loss.  I would strongly discourage any attempts to experiment with permissions in this manner -- the risk-to-reward ratio closely approximates infinity.

The best solution to address the goal of intervening in the publishing process would be to write a custom Web Adapter replacement, though I warn that writing a proxy/wrapper in front of the REST API would be a demanding bit of Java or C# coding.

- V