Is there an equivalent to FeatureSetByName in v1.3?

05-30-2019 10:47 AM
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

Here I was thinking to myself......hmmm, I don't think it should be too difficult to use arcade to create a popup that includes multiple layers. I google around and find out that there is this function called FeatureSetByName that does just that. Sweet! I open my web map, click the layer I want for my popup, click the Add for arcade expression, start typing my code and then  boom! my code fails because that is an unrecognized function. =[ Turns out my Enterprise Portal only has arcade 1.3. The super sweet FeatureSetBy* exists only in 1.5

is there any other way that that type of functionality can be done using 1.3?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mark Jones , 

Sorry to disappoint you, but the list of functions that are available depend on the version of the software. The FeatureSetBy* functions have been introduced in ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and are not available in previous versions. If you have access to the source, you can use an updated version of ArcGIS Pro to create a new field and store the result of your Arcade expression. Or perhaps create a collaboration group and share it with a group in ArcGIS Online and create the pop-up there. I’m sure this is not what you are looking for, so best thing would be to upgrade Enterprise to 10.7 (or wait for the 10.7.1 this summer) to be able to make use of the new features that are available in Enterprise.

0 Kudos
MarkJones7
Occasional Contributor

I was afraid that was going to be the answer. =]

I appreciate you taking the time to respond though. Most appreciated.

We only just upgraded from 10.4 to 10.6.1 so I doubt we will be going to 10.7.1 anytime soon. Oh well.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Xander, thanks for all you do for us here in GeoNet! I am trying the workaround you've suggested here, to create a collaboration group in order to use an AGOL web map (trying via reference, not copy) in order to make use of the FeatureSetBy* functions in the pop-ups within 10.6 Enterprise. However, once the AGOL web map is available in the Enterprise environment, it appears to take on the 10.6 versioning, and the pop-up Arcade functions fail with the same error as a map created in 10.6 Enterprise -- "Execution Error:Runtime Error: Function Not Found: FeatureSetByName". Would this behavior be different if we copied items in the collaboration, rather than referenced? Any other settings to look out for? Thank you!

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brittany Burson ,

Good question and unfortunately I am not able to test this, since I don't have an Enterprise 10.6 environment. There are several things you can try. If you share the data and not the map, and create the map in AGOL, does the same error occur? If so the restriction is probably coming from the data source. When you collaborate using a copy of the data, the copy will reside in AGOL (as far as I understand) and you should be able to use the FeatureSetByName function. 

0 Kudos