Is there an easy way (search/query) to figure out which service(s) are acquiring a schema lock?

06-27-2017 01:31 PM
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

I have several services and it would be time consuming to open each on to figure out which service(s) have acquired a schema lock.  Can this be searchable through python or is there already a search tool for this and I just do not know that it exists?  If not, i think this would be a good "Idea" for ArcGIS Ideas.  I will post it there if it doesn't exist.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II

Rick - I believe there are two things here:

1)   The computer that has a lock is a server.  This tells me that it is a published service and not a desktop app/process connection.

2)   Yes - by default the schema lock is enabled when publishing a service but you can disable and/or enable this lock before or after execution of publishing the service.  I disable this schema lock before initial publishing of service.  If there are any schema changes then I "overwrite an existing service".  I have added a couple of screenshots of where you can enable/disable schema lock.  1st is during the initial publishing through publishing wizard and 2nd screenshot is when you visit the service through ArcGIS Server Manager UI.

Lock Schema from Service EditorLock Schema from AGS Manger