Is there a way to identify the most heavily used map services in an ArcGIS Enterprise solution?

Jump to solution
04-30-2020 02:09 AM
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

I'm putting together a report and I'd like to be able to add a chart that shows the 20 most heavily used map services. I could manually go in to the Statistics section of ArcGIS Manager and click through all the map services, but there are hundreds. I was hoping to somehow get this information from the Server Administrator pages.

Any ideas will be gratefully received.

#arcgis enterprise 10.7.x

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

System Log Parser gave me what I needed for my report.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey David Horsey‌,

So you have already checked the ArcGIS Portal Status Page? View status reports—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

The content tab shows most popular and number of hits. If that doesn't suit your needs then you can write a python script to parse the IIS log files and count the number of requests each service gets.

Thanks

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ben,

The client for whom I'm writing the report has just upgraded to Portal 10.7.1, so I wasn't aware of the breadth of information available in the Status tab. I think that'll be useful in the short term, longer term I'm looking to automate the process and others have suggested System Log Parser and the ArcGIS API for Python for ways to extract that information.

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello David Horsey‌,

You may also want to look into ArcGIS Server statistics. This functionality is mainly accessed through the ArcGIS Server manager statistics tab. It helps provide information regarding, total requests, average response time and timeouts.

About server statistics—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thomas.

davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Thomas Jones‌. The Statistics are useful and in my experience are great for quickly seeing the general usage, but due to the number of map services I'm dealing with, it's not practical in this case to use it to identify the most popular map services.

0 Kudos
davehorsey1
Occasional Contributor

System Log Parser gave me what I needed for my report.

0 Kudos