Is it possible to use an the values from a popup expression to display symbology in Portal?

Jump to solution
10-19-2021 09:49 AM
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

I am working on a web map that takes values in one layer and divides by values in a table to display percentages. I used FeatureSetByName to make this calculation for the popups. However, I want to be able to display this in the symbology and/or labels for the layer as well. It doesn't look like there are feature set capabilities in the symbology expressions so I am unable to copy and reuse the code there. However, is there a good work-around for this? Do the values created from the expression in the popup get stored anywhere else for use in other places other than popups?

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

Due to the limitations in Portal, I found a work-around by going back to ArcGIS Pro and used FeatureSetByName with $datastore to calculate a field that took values in one layer and divided by values in a table. Publishing this back to portal enabled me to both label by this new field and apply it symbology.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The short answer is "no". Arcade has a number of different profiles, each with different capabilities and limitations.

The calculated values are not stored anywhere, except perhaps in your browser's local memory, and the expression only evaluates when the feature is clicked to retrieve the popup information. Short of using Field Calculate and a new field, there's no way to accomplish what you're asking for via Arcade, unfortunately.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Is that why I can't actually 'set' a value in another field inside of a webmap using this?

ahargreaves_FW_0-1679417637165.png

0 Kudos
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

Due to the limitations in Portal, I found a work-around by going back to ArcGIS Pro and used FeatureSetByName with $datastore to calculate a field that took values in one layer and divided by values in a table. Publishing this back to portal enabled me to both label by this new field and apply it symbology.

0 Kudos