Is it possible to publish an XY event layer to Arc Server (or ArcGIS Online)? I am trying but keep getting this error: 001270: Consolidating the data failed

05-10-2016 08:25 AM
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

I am trying to publish XY event data, either to ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Online.  The data comes from two tables that are joined (one table contains attributes, the other has the XY location data).  The XY event layer derived from this works well in ArcMap, but when I try to publish in ArcGIS Server, I get the following message: 001270: Consolidating the data failed

-The data is all in a file GDB which has been registered to the ArcServer.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Server are you using?

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

Version 10.3.1 for Server and Desktop

0 Kudos
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Are you able to create a Service Definition file to publish from?

Do you see any additional errors in the ArcGIS Server logs (With logging set to say DEBUG)

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

Not seeing any obvious error messages in the logs.

I can save a service definition as an .sddraft, but ArcGIS Server will then complain because it is "not an .sd file", so I can't import it.

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

Some further observations-

If I remove the XY event layer, I can publish as a service

If I convert the tables to dbf and use them instead of file gdb, the service will publish (but I will need to use geodatabase in production)

Found this page in the 10.2 documentation: ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

-it was of no help whatsoever.

0 Kudos
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bob,

You should be able to publish the two tables along with the XY event layer. In creating the

Sd file, use the option to not include a connection. (No available Connection). Tables.pngf

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

Yes, that allowed me to to create a map service from the XY features.

Curious as to why I can't publish directly.

Ultimately, we would like to enable users to edit the attributes in the data tables online (AGOL?)  Any specific advice or gotchas if we want to do that?

0 Kudos
AnthonyKobah
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bob,

Glad that worked. Try restarting the Publishing Tools in Server, then create a new map document and then attempt the

direct publishing process  again.

--Anthony

0 Kudos
BobBistrais
New Contributor III

I've restarted Publishing Tools, but getting the same error when trying a direct publish, with a new MXD.  I'm not too bothered as long as publishing from the sd file works, but curious why that is that's still giving trouble.  I did find the following in the log, not sure if that's pointing out:

Unable to connect to the identity store using SSL.

ArcGIS Server will revert to using a non-SSL connection to the identity store and credentials will be sent in clear text.

In order to use SSL, verify that your identity store has SSL enabled.

0 Kudos