Intended sharing behavior of Living Atlas Content configured with ArcGIS Enterprise

11-10-2020 05:13 AM
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

We have configured our ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6.1 with Living Atlas content using an AGOL account.  However, I'm unclear if it is intended / allowed for Portal administrators to be able to share Living Atlas content with the entire organization (aka without having users login). 

If I find a Living Atlas layer, and then adjust the sharing to it is shared with Everyone, and a user adds this layer to the map, and then shared the map with Everyone, users are still getting error messages saying they do not have sufficient permissions to add the layer.  

Is this intended behavior?  If so, how can we (or can we period) share Living Atlas content configured with Enterprise with anonymous users.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jay,

You are actually not supposed to modify the sharing settings of the living atlas layers or group in your Portal organization. This warning is repeated several times in the documentation outlining this workflow:

Configure Living Atlas content—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

I would recommend reviewing the above link, and trying to reconfigure Living Atlas layers following the specified workflow.

Hope this helps!

-Calvin

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Occasional Contributor III

So the takeaway from this is there is no reliable way for our users to share maps and applications that are configured with Living Atlas content to anonymous users?  We have an on-premise ArcGIS Enterprise, and some of our users create maps and applications that have Living Atlas content, but because of this, they are unable to share this content with the organization without requiring users to have accounts (even Viewer accounts) and login?

0 Kudos