Installing ArcGIS Server multiple roles (GIS, Image) in a single machine for testing

11-04-2022 08:35 AM
chintakandel
New Contributor III

We want to test both GIS and Image Server in a single machine. It seems we've to install GIS Server and Image server in different machine. Can we install both GIS and Image server just for testing?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there,

For testing, this should be completely fine. I would just recommend taking into account the potential resources you may need and compensating for it appropriately.

Keep on keeping on!
chintakandel
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. ArcGIS Server already installed on dev server. How can we install again in the same machine for 'image' server role? 

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You don't, you just re-license the already installed ArcGIS Server software to add the Image Server role to it.

0 Kudos
StephenKaranja
New Contributor III

Thanks for the info.

How do you re-license ArcGIS Server with an additional role? I'd like to license it with both the GIS Server and GeoEvent Server roles in a test setup. Does it need an authorization file with both authorization numbers?

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For two server roles, there definitely needs to be two authorization codes.  Whether it is one license file with two codes or two license files with one code each is up to whoever is doing the licensing provisioning in My Esri. 

0 Kudos
StephenKaranja
New Contributor III

I have two license files. ArcGIS Server is already licensed with the GIS Server role. How do I go about licensing the GeoEvent Server role?

0 Kudos
StephenKaranja
New Contributor III

It turns out I just needed to run the software authorization wizard again with the license file for GeoEvent Server.

This page provided the information I needed.

If you'll be authorizing your ArcGIS Server as multiple licensing roles, you'll need to run the software authorization wizard again, once for each licensing role you apply to the machine.

0 Kudos