Insights for Arcgis- "invalid hosting location", unable to create new workbook

12-08-2016 12:47 AM
rubatala
New Contributor III

hello all, 

Does anyone try to use insight for ArcGIS? and is there any problem facing you when you try to use it??

is there any issue list address in insight  for ArcGIS?? please, I need help on this topics . 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ruba,

At this point I would suggest that you wait for ArcGIS 10.5 final release - which is going to be available very soon (in a week or so) and re-try configuring Insights with Portal for ArcGIS then. I suppose you could contact Esri Tech Support to investigate your deployment in detail - but I don't see much point in getting the configuration set-up with 10.5 PreRelease, if you can get final in a week or so.

Hope this helps,

rubatala
New Contributor III

thank you, I will wait once I know anything. I will reply her.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Please avoid use of the word "urgent", especially in titles, since all it really does is drive away potential respondents.

rubatala
New Contributor III

I'm sorry for the confusion, I tried to edit the title but  unfortunately, it did not work with me 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ruba, I modified the title for you, based on you comments about the problem.  

KlausDons2
New Contributor

Hi, Ruba

Did you check that the Insights installation file .exe has been installed on all machines in your distributed environment? The error you describe here is similar to what happens if the insights installation component is installed correctly on the portal machine C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Portal\apps

but missing on the machine with the ArcGIS server C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server

/Klaus

0 Kudos
AndreaGironi
New Contributor

Just Finished installing Insights 1.2.1 and stumbled into this problem, when I click on the "Create new workbook" button the javascript tries a request to the machine name, instead of the public domain where I installed and configured everything, and gets blocked by a certificate violation.

Everything has been setup according to the requirements and working fine, except Insights.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
DaraBurlo
Esri Community Manager

Hi,

A few things to try:

• 1)Make sure Insights is installed on all server and all portal machines in a distributed environment
  • 2)If an upgrade was performed, make sure all machines in a distributed environment contain the same upgraded version
  • 3) If an upgrade was performed, try restarting ArcGIS Server

Dara

AndreaGironi
New Contributor

Hello, this was a clean installation on a Single Machine (server, portal and datastore are all on the same machine and working fine)

I have installed using the 10.5 cookbook and chef, then installed Insights (which does not have anything particular to configure)

I double-checked the certificates, web adaptors and portal/server configurations and everywhere I find the correct url, in fact I can freely use everything, up to the Web Application Builder, except the "Create New Workbook" on Insights which still refers to the phisical machine instead of the public domain.

I tried un-minifying the javascript and debug this problem to find who or what uses the wrong address but it's not an easy task and I wasn't able to discover anything useful

Thank you for your answer, kind regards

0 Kudos
AndreaGironi
New Contributor

Update: the problem seems to be related to the data store, in fact trying to host a vector tile package result in the same error, looks like the internal communication between portal/server and the data store is failing on the local address.

I wonder what is the correct approach for the SSL certificate, I have another machine with the 10.4 installed and this kind of problem are nowhere to be found, Is someone using the 10.5 data store on a public url without problems?

0 Kudos