index stats

10-20-2014 03:49 AM
jayasudha
New Contributor III

I am using Oracle 11g R2, spatial tables registered with geodatabase, geometry type is SDO_GEOMETRY.

When i try to get index stats, there is error, please help me.

sdelayer -o si_stats -l road,geometry -i sde:oracle11g:pms -u user -p user

ArcSDE 10.1  for Oracle11g Build 679 Thu Apr  5 11:43:21  2012

Layer    Administration Utility

-----------------------------------------------------

Error: The operation requested is unsupported (-210).

Error: Cannot get Map Layer Spatial Index Statistics for the layer

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

si_stats only works only for binary geometry storage type  or ST_Geometry in Oracle (at least until 10.0):

Reports spatial index statistics (only applies to binary geometry storage types in geodatabases in Oracle and SQL Server and the ST_Geometry storage type in Oracle)

in:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/geodatabase/10.0/admin_cmds/support_files/datamgmt/sdelayer.htm#si_stats

Hope this helps

Jesús

jayasudha
New Contributor III

Thanks for that

How can i see the index stats and see grid size, improve grid size in my case ?

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY does not use grids.  I don't believe R-TREE has any tuning parameters at all, though the Oracle documentation may have recommendations on improving performance with other index parameters.

- V

0 Kudos
jayasudha
New Contributor III

Vince

I am using "rebuild indexes" and "analyze datasets" geoprocessing tool on mdsys.sdo_geometry tables.

Whether it is useful in this case ? Do i need to do the same from Oracle side.

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo

Those tools are run on on the Oracle side.  There is no Esri side to SDO_GEOMETRY storage.

- V

JohnLovato
New Contributor III

Vince,

At version 10.3 we no longer have access to the command line tools and sdelayer -o si_stats and se_toolkit sdestats -o si_stats?  My users have gotten used to using this tool to analyze their spatial indexes.  Is there a way to do this with just SQL inside the Oracle database?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

John P. Lovato

US Forest Service

Geospatial Database Engineer

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo

My "To Do List" job jar includes re-implenting the sdestats utilities in Python or ArcObjects, but I've been too busy.  You may be able to run the 10.2.2 tools against a 10.3.x geodatabase safely, especially the read-only tools, but I can't make any guarantees.

- V

0 Kudos