Import / Export Cache at 10.1 Problem (White Lines)

Jump to solution
10-03-2012 07:06 AM
jonathangamble
New Contributor III
Has anyone else experienced the introduction of a white line (or blank tiles) when importing / exporting your cache at 10.1 (see attached picture).

The white line extends throughout the entire cache (vertically or horizontally).  This occurs when importing or exporting using a feature class as the extent. 

I can't seem to find any other posts related to this so I'd like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same issues ...

Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GarimaTiwari
Esri Contributor
Jon, Nelson,

Are you exporting/importing cache on top of existing cache? If so, this is a known issue at 10.1 & 10.1 SP1. NIM086009.
We are trying to resolve this at 10.1 SP2. Please contact ESRI support if you would like to get an Hot Fix for it.

If you are exporting/importing cache on a location where no cache tiles exists, we would like to know more about your workflow. Please contact us at ESRI support, so that we can look into this and provide a resolution.

-Garima

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
NelsonDe_Miranda
Occasional Contributor III
Bump.

I'm surprised that no one has run into this issue with 10.1.
I'm experiencing this same issue, have there been any updates?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jonathangamble
New Contributor III
No updates 😞

I haven't been able to import or export once successfully in 10.1.  I can't believe no one else has posted anything on this.
0 Kudos
GarimaTiwari
Esri Contributor
Jon, Nelson,

Are you exporting/importing cache on top of existing cache? If so, this is a known issue at 10.1 & 10.1 SP1. NIM086009.
We are trying to resolve this at 10.1 SP2. Please contact ESRI support if you would like to get an Hot Fix for it.

If you are exporting/importing cache on a location where no cache tiles exists, we would like to know more about your workflow. Please contact us at ESRI support, so that we can look into this and provide a resolution.

-Garima
0 Kudos
jonathangamble
New Contributor III
Garima,

Thanks for the heads up on this bug.  We will keep an eye out for SP2.

And just a note - we do experience this issue when importing cache into a location where no cache tiles exist.  This occurs when using the normal import process and specifing a polygon feature class in the 'area of interest' field of the import tool.

Jon.
0 Kudos
BeauDealy
New Contributor
We're in the same boat. We import tiles into an empty cache in order to clip the cache so that it'll fit seamlessly into cached service mash-ups (e.g an irregular-shaped counties' aerial photography).  Gotta say the hardest part in finding help for this problem is knowing what to call it, as it's actually an empty gap in the imagery (what's underneath it will show up).

Thanks for the help; we'll be sure to ask support about the hot fix!
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Jon, Nelson,

-Garima

All,

I've found out from ESRI that this "hot fix" in fact has not been developed yet.  I don't know if we wait for 10.2, or if there will be a 10.1 Service Pack 2:

"Good morning Jacque,

Larry and I are working on compiling the Hot Fix request for submission to Development for consideration.  Once we wrap up our efforts I�??ll let you know once it�??s been submitted to the product team for further assessment.  Let me know if you need further clarifications until then.

Thanks Jacque,

Jeff

Jeff Colburn | Technical Account Manager | Secure Support
Esri | 380 New York St | Redlands, CA 92373 | USA
T 909-793-2853, ext. 3912| M 619-278-9594
jcolburn@esri.com | esri.com"
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24097[/ATTACH]Just one further note on this bug: I thought the white lines were appearing around the boundaries of the feature class used to cache the tiles that were then imported.  But it's worse than that, they're actually appearing around every supertile boundary, 4096x4096 pixels (I think).  See attached screenshot, the white lines represent the white lines that I've gotten when using the import tool at 1:18,000 (they don't appear at the small scale the screenshot shows, it's just zoomed out so you can see how many lines there are at 18k).  The red rectangle is a failed area I had; if there's any issue during caching, the whole supertile will fail on you.

And no, I definitely don't recommend trying to cache the whole country at 1:18k.  Even ESRI will tell you that.
0 Kudos
MehrshadNourani
New Contributor III
I am having the same problem! I have not been able to import or export any cache files created in 10.1!  If anyone in ESRI reading these forums, please help!

Mehrshad
U.S. Census Bureau
0 Kudos
BJMarraccini
New Contributor
Does anyone know if this has been fixed for version 10.2?  Getting ready to build a major cache basemap and would like to account for this error, either way.  Thanks
0 Kudos