I have a map service comprised of several layers residing in an Oracle and SQL Server databases. The service published with no errors (10.4) but the data does not display. Works fine in 10.3. Any suggestions?

02-21-2017 07:41 PM
MarvinMartinez
New Contributor II

I can break the layers out into separate services, 1 SQL Server and 1 Oracle, publish and display the data with no issues.  When I combine the layers I to a single service the data does not display.  Using 10.4.1 sp1 on Windows 2008 Server R2.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
MarvinMartinez
New Contributor II

Oracle is at version 12c, SDE version is at 10.4

SQL Server is at 2012, SDE version is at 10.4

All data is in  (NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane_Arizona_Central_FIPS_0202_Feet_Intl)

The map service is cached and I'm looking at the cache now to determine if it has been created correctly.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the map service is cached, make sure the cache status is "100% completed"

Think Location
0 Kudos
MarvinMartinez
New Contributor II

Hi Jayanta,

I had to recreate the cache which resolved the issue.

Thank You,

Marvin Martinez

GIS and Data Manager

Street Transportation / Technical Services

602-534-1552

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

You can set the service to draw dynamically and see if both layers show up.  If they do, then it's a problem with the caching tools.  If they don't then that's the reason why they don't show up in the cache.  Once you can determine if it's a problem with Serve drawing the data, (either when displayed dynamically or when creating the tiles), the logs should be able to give you an idea of whats wrong.

MarvinMartinez
New Contributor II

Jonathan,

Thank You for the info.

The issue was related to the cache which I had to rebuild to resolve the issue.

Thanks again,

Marvin Martinez

GIS and Data Manager

Street Transportation / Technical Services

602-534-1552

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

I would suggest taking a look at the Server logs under at least Verbose to figure out why both data can't be displayed.  Do they display in ArcMap fine?  Typically, if everything works in ArcMap, it'll work in a service.  The Server logs should give you a good idea of what's going on.  If you want to dive a bit deeper, you can run an SDEINTERCEPT to see all of the communication between the Server and the databases to make sure that communication looks good.

0 Kudos