How to troubleshoot poor feature service performance?

Jump to solution
12-12-2016 09:40 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

I'm running a single cluster (3x 4 core servers) AGS 10.41 server system with web adapter in dmz and having serious performance issues on a feature service shared out to a web app builder app.  I can't share it to this post out as it is secured but I've tried disabling security with no positive effect.  Just panning and zooming the map can take upwards of 30+ seconds (there are only perhaps 30 features in the entire feature class).  If I turn the feature service visibility off in the TOC in my web app builder app, the map pans and zooms properly within a second or two. If I inspect the web traffic with the feature service I notice that there are upwards of 15 separate queries back to ArcGIS Server on every pan and zoom for that feature service.  Is that normal?  If I view the map service (not feature service) directly in the built in JavaScript viewer in AGS, it is very snappy.  Everything is pointing to something being wrong with this feature service but I can't figure out what it is.  I've viewed the AGS logs with no errors or warnings present.

Thanks for any help.

-Royce

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

Answer:  Our shared file system where the config-store, output, jobs, etc... folders are located had "oplocks" enabled.  I had our sys admin disable that and now the services perform 10x faster.

0 Kudos