How to share an Experience Builder made in AGOL for the organization to view in Portal when we are on an old version of Portal?

04-19-2022 02:40 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

We have an Experience Builder which we would like to share with the organization, however the ExB was made in AGOL and we need members of our organization to view it in Portal due to license limits in AGOL. 

We are on an older version of Portal so Experience Builder is not supported in our Portal (we have plans to upgrade but not in the time we want to share this ExB).

Is there a way of enabling our organization to view  the ExB in Portal rather than AGOL without having to share is publically?

We have tried copying using AGO Assistant, embedding the ExB in a Portal web app and uploading it to our Portal using the AGOL link but they still all require AGOL login.

Thanks! 🙂

HL
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

Assuming Portal and AGOL are pretty much the same internally, a web app that you build there consists of a few JSON files. The work is done by code that is baked into Portal. The same code is shared by every app that you build. So there is not really any way to move an app from AGOL to Portal, because they are incompatible. AGOL is always going to be newer than Portal.

My personal preference is to build apps in the Developer Edition and then export the files, and host them on my own web server. That way I avoid disasters that happen in Portal upgrades, and I retain the ability to open up the files and look at them vs AGOL where just about everything is hidden.