Select to view content in your preferred language

How to monitor the traffic and know who access to ArcGIS Server

02-25-2013 07:34 PM
larryzhang1
New Contributor III
Hi, team

Is there any effective IT way or ESRI-ready tool (script) for us to know the traffic at ArcGIS Server 10.1 (saying, at the port 6080 or 6443) and see who access to this server?

Basically, we want to answer the following questions via statistics?

??? How many users access (weekly, monthly, yearly)
??? Who visited

Many thanks in advance,

larry at Aramco
Tags (2)
15 Replies
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III
Collin:

Do you know if this software is reading the AGS logs or just the IIS logs?

I'm only lodaing the IIS logs at this point, not sure if it can run the AGS logs too. Still testing and pushing buttons.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Do you have a multi ArcGIS Server environment where you load balance the servers using a web adaptor?  I ask because I'm wondering if you would be polling the IIS logs on the AGS server(s) or the web adaptor?
0 Kudos
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III
Do you have a multi ArcGIS Server environment where you load balance the servers using a web adaptor?  I ask because I'm wondering if you would be polling the IIS logs on the AGS server(s) or the web adaptor?

We do not have a multi site environment. We are using a single server but we are utilizing the web adapter. Not sure if this means we are polling IIS directly or the web adaptor. I assume web adaptor? Our AGS site is the only site on that particular server and web adaptor FWIW.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor
Do you also know whether this Weblog Expert can tell how long it took AGS to fulfill a request, which is also another great metric of how well your AGS is performing?  I'm not 100% sure, but I think the AGS logs track this type of data, but IIS logs do not.
0 Kudos
RamonPulido
New Contributor
Hi, team

Is there any effective IT way or ESRI-ready tool (script) for us to know the traffic at ArcGIS Server 10.1 (saying, at the port 6080 or 6443) and see who access to this server?

Basically, we want to answer the following questions via statistics?

�?� How many users access (weekly, monthly, yearly)
�?� Who visited

Many thanks in advance,

larry at Aramco

Hello

You can use pandora fms to monitor the system at your home using a local agent. This tool will inform you if a problem with your computer occurs without the need to be constantly monitoring you system. For more information on pandora you can visit the Pandora FMS Unified Monitoring Tool.

Regards
Ramon Pulido
0 Kudos
MathieuVillemont
New Contributor II

System Monitor is deprecated but I found System Log Parser.

However I don't see how parsing the web logs (i.e. C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC1) when not using IIS.

0 Kudos