How to limit visibility of Enterprise Data to Viewers

02-14-2020 06:41 AM
MelissaCarrillo
New Contributor II

I am looking to set up Viewer accounts and am trying to limit what the viewer can access. There is data specific to a Group on our Enterprise site that I wish to share with a customer. I do not however want the customer to have access to our Enterprise as a whole. I tried making a Viewer account and specified what group I wanted the member to be assigned to. I was hoping this would limit the user to only see the data in the group but that is not the case. 

The end goal is to assign out limited enterprise viewer logins so customers can access data shared on ArcGIS hub (I want to make a customer hub and display dashboards that are from our Enterprise), but only data within a specific group on Enterprise. 

Any suggestions or work arounds would be appreciated, still in the learning process and just getting everything set up. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Melissa Carrillo‌,

You could create a custom role and disable the 'view content shared with organisation' privilege. Then assign the custom role to the relevant user. This would mean the user would only be able to see public items, groups items and items they own. 

User types, roles, and privileges—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7 and 10.7.1) | Documentation for ArcGIS Ent... 

Thanks,

Thomas.

MelissaCarrillo
New Contributor II

Thanks Thomas, I will give this a try.