How to give security for individual wms layer in arcgis server

10-08-2015 04:12 AM
SadanandacharB1
New Contributor III

Hi all

I have a small doubt, I want to set username and password to access wms service in browser.

I have created one mapservice and enabled wms capability and gave permission for one particular user.

Then i accessed that rest service in  browser, it asked for username and password but for wms service the browser goes blank, What to do?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

The security for an ArcGIS Server WMS service is managed by controlling the security of its parent map or image service. Check the following link for further details.

WMS services—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS for Server

Think Location
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

if you need fine-grained for security layer ags or ogc(wms/wfs) you can create a soi (server object interceptor) that override the method of arcgis server. Your soi need implement IWebRequestHandler that intercept all ogc request soi to your service: http://server.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/windows/about-extending-services.htm#ESRI... Install sdk arcobjects and see help in vs (sdk c#) or eclipse (sdk java) and see also sample ServerLayerAccessSOI and ServerOperationAccessSOI

Pankajroy
New Contributor

Hi Domenico,

I am in the process of implementing IWebRequestHandler  in SOI. Any idea how the filtering of layers would be done for the OGC layers. Any code snippet is available? Please share if yes.

Thanx in Advance

Pankaj 

0 Kudos