How to get the license file for Utility network extension Service in ArcGIS 10.8?

06-06-2020 06:03 AM
NaveenRawat
New Contributor II

I don't see a separate authorization file for Utility Network extension for version 10.8 as I see for 10.7.1 or 10.6.1 under my ESRI account.

I also don't see option to include utility network extension under "Select User Type and Application Licenses" as mentioned in the following link:
https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/obtain-portal-license.htm

Only UserType "Creator and viewer are available in this option.

6 Replies
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi Naveen;

As you transition your ArcGIS Utility Network license from a server type (pre-ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8), to a User Type Extension (post-ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8) the utility network extensions should be provisioned via a license file to your organization.  That license file is appended to your ArcGIS Enterprise and distributed by your organization's administrators.   If you have questions, I would certainly have your organization reach out to your partner rep for further guidance.  

Thanks,

Remi

JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hi Remi Myers,

I am in completely the same situation as Naveen Rawat described. I don't see the possibility to include utility network license into portal json file anywhere.

What have you meant by "That license file is appended to your ArcGIS Enterprise" ? How and where it is appended? I clicked thru all possibilities at the MyEsri licensing page and can't to find it.

I appreciate your help,

Jan

0 Kudos
NaveenRawat
New Contributor II

Hi Jan,
Make sure you are not using EDN subscription, Utility network user type extension option was not available when we were generating license file (.json) using EDN. We were able to generate it from primary licensing pool.

0 Kudos
NaveenRawat
New Contributor II

Hi Remi, 

Thank you for the clarification. We got in touch with ESRI support!

0 Kudos
Travis_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello Everyone,

The Utility Network User Type extension is included in your Portal license you generate from My Esri (this will include this as well as your creators/viewers/app bundles/etc).

If you do not see the Add-on user type extensions section when creating the Portal license (same step as where you select how many creators/viewers/etc) then I would recommend reaching out to your Customer Service Representative to see if you are entitled to this license via your license agreement with Esri. 

There is no extra steps or unique workflow for Utility Network licensing 10.8+beyond. Either you have the option to include it in your Portal license or you do not (same as with insights licenses, app bundles, etc). If you do not see this option, then I recommend reaching out to your customer service contact to see what you are entitled to.

Afterwards, import your Portal license into your Portal following the standard workflow. then you will see the option to assign this user type extension within your Portal.

Thanks!

Travis

JanSarata
Esri Contributor

Hello everybody,

thank you all for the explanation and clarification. In the end we were able to get the UN extension into MyEsri and create Portal license json file which includes the UN extension as well. Then it works just fine.

Thanks,

Jan

0 Kudos