How to find out what Extensions are Authorized on ArcGIS Server Machine

Jump to solution
05-29-2014 01:52 PM
VijaySambandhan
New Contributor II
I have an 10.0 ArcGIS Server Machine on which i will like to figure out if Network Analyst Extension for ArcGIS Server has been  Authorized or not for that machine. 

Also if Network Analyst has been Authorized then I will like to remove the Authorization and authorize a different server.

I tried exploring the ArcGIS Server Manager site but could not figure it out.

Any ideas on how we can do this?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DishaGori
New Contributor II
Hi Vijay,

On a windows install, you can open the keycodes file (default location: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ESRI\License 10.0 \sysgen) in notepad and if you see an entry for 'networkserver' , it indicates that you have the license for Network Analyst extension for Server.

To authorize it on a different machine, edit the file in notepad and delete the 'networkserver' line. Re-start the ArcGIS SOC and ArcGIS Server Object Manager service from windows services. You should then be able to use that authorization number to authorize it on a different machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DishaGori
New Contributor II
Hi Vijay,

On a windows install, you can open the keycodes file (default location: C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\ESRI\License 10.0 \sysgen) in notepad and if you see an entry for 'networkserver' , it indicates that you have the license for Network Analyst extension for Server.

To authorize it on a different machine, edit the file in notepad and delete the 'networkserver' line. Re-start the ArcGIS SOC and ArcGIS Server Object Manager service from windows services. You should then be able to use that authorization number to authorize it on a different machine.
0 Kudos
VijaySambandhan
New Contributor II
That's exactly what I needed.
Thank you!
0 Kudos