How to configure my environment to allow hosted service to be accessible out side my network

08-21-2015 09:24 AM
RandallClark2
Occasional Contributor II

So i have services hosted on my GIS server they are being consumed in maps published to ArcGIS online and also Collector. When i am connected to my network at work, everything works perfect. However when i get off my work network, it all falls apart. I will try to access my services via AGOL or Collector only to get 'services not available. NSURL Error -10003". So somehow my services are not available out side my network 

i thought by having the webaptor install on my webserver was supposed to take care of this, and make my services available, but it doesnt seem to be doing that. So what is it about my set up that is off.

Machine 1:

Windows Server 2012R | ArcGIS for server 10.3.1 | Windows Firewall is on and i have the following rules in place: Inbound - Local ports 80, 6080, 4000-4003; Remote Port: All Ports | Outbound - Local ports 80, 6080, 4000-4003; Remote Port: 80, 6080, 4000-4003

Machine 2:

Windows Server 2012R | ArcGIS webadapter 10.3.1 | Windows Firewall is on and i have the following rules in place: Inbound - Local ports 80, 6080, 4000-4003; Remote Port: All Ports | Outbound - Local ports 80, 6080, 4000-4003; Remote Port: 80, 6080, 4000-4003

So what gives why can i not access my hosted features outside my network?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

so when you go into server manager are you logging into your arcgis online portal via the 'sharing' button and then signing into agol?  I ask because for us internally we use https://machinename.domain:6443/.....  as the rest and services directory paths whereas externally through web adaptor the site address is https://ags2.scgov.net.

So when I publish a service up to our server, I am using our internal (i.e not going through the web adaptor) path.  I then go into manager, sign into agol using the external address, and then tab back over to manage services and update sharing on a service I want to see in agol...

hope this helps-

David

0 Kudos
RandallClark2

No i didnt even know that was thing.

So i tried it. went to t he 'sharing' tab tried to sign in to my account using my AGOL account and password and it kicks back a 'time out error' on top of that when i click on the pencil to edit things it will let me check them but not save them

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hmm, well it sounds to me like you all have firewall, proxy and/or self-signed certificate and/or front-end certificate issues in your environment.  For example for us, we don't enable any individual windows firewalls on any individual servers as our larger IT group sets all that at our enterprise proxy.  I'd look into all of your security settings.  Sorry i can't be of more help

David

RandallClark2

Hi David,

I think your right i need to go talk to IT and work with them. Thanks.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A reference list to many links re SSL discussions...

Summary of ArcGIS Server SSL Issues

in case you haven't seen it yet.