how to complete upgrade of ArcGIS Server to 10.5.1 by terminal?

08-16-2017 01:02 AM
ErikTiengo
New Contributor

ArcGIS Server installed: 10.5

ArcGIS Server patched: 10.5.1

GUI library: none

thx

et (a.k.a. Erik Tiengo)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Where are you stuck? You stated that you've installed 10.5.1, but you haven't stated an actual problem.

0 Kudos
ErikTiengo
New Contributor

After execution of Setup by terminal and according with documentation I need to invoke http://<hostname>:6080/arcgis/manager but I am using Ubuntu Server via ssh without any web browser. I have already tried using tool like lynx e w3m but with no success

here point 5 of documentation:

"Once authorized, open ArcGIS Server Manager. Click Continue Server Upgrade to complete the upgrade. You must use ArcGIS Server Manager on the local machine where you are running the upgrade to complete this step. You cannot Continue Server Upgrade through a Web Adaptor or load balancer." 

0 Kudos
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it's a pain that ArcGIS Server and Portal upgrades require you to press a button to continue the upgrade process (Portal further needs a Full Reindex), but it's not all that likely that a web browser isn't available to finish administration of a web-based application. If you have network connectivity issues due to a firewall on a VM or cloud node, and you're using a PuTTY session to install, you can use the tunneling capability of PuTTY to associate your client port 6443 with "localhost:6443" to circumvent the firewall. Alternatively, you could write some Java or Python code to access the "continue update" page and invoke the Web request associated with the button. If you want the code of someone who has done this, you should specify so in the question, with the preferred language, to reduce confusion.

- V

0 Kudos
ErikTiengo
New Contributor

I have already attempt with ssh tunneling obtaining only "connection was reset".

thank you so much for your suggestions

et

0 Kudos