How To Add Thumbnails For Pages In A Site

Jump to solution
12-01-2020 01:32 PM
DavidMieksztyn
New Contributor III

When adding a gallery into a row in Sites, I select to Display Pages related to this site. In the Style section, I choose to use thumbnails for the pages. However, I haven't been able to discover where to add a thumbnail to a page. I would like to do this in order to add my own custom image for each page inside the Gallery display.  I am utilizing Portal 10.6.1 at the moment. 

pages icon issue.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

When you create and save a page in Enterprise Sites, an item gets created in your Portal content. Go to the Content tab in the default Portal web page, and look for an item of type "Site Page".

Are you able to locate the item?

CalvinLietz_1-1606942524902.png

-Calvin

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

If you choose to display cards based on the thumbnails, then the cards will inherit the thumbnails associated with the item. To set a thumbnail, leave the site and go back to your Portal home page, browse to the item in question (e.g. Public Safety), and go to the Item Details page of the item. Here, we can set a thumbnail for the item, and then refreshing the Sites page should pull the thumbnail as desired.

Hope this helps.

-Calvin

0 Kudos
DavidMieksztyn
New Contributor III

Hi Calvin,

The items in question are Pages, and I do not see individual Pages or Sites within my organization's content in our Portal.  I  found only within the Sites manager the individual Pages. I haven't discovered where I can edit a thumbnail for an individual page yet, here is the screenshot:

pages.PNG

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

When you create and save a page in Enterprise Sites, an item gets created in your Portal content. Go to the Content tab in the default Portal web page, and look for an item of type "Site Page".

Are you able to locate the item?

CalvinLietz_1-1606942524902.png

-Calvin

DavidMieksztyn
New Contributor III

Hi Calvin, I see this now! Thanks for the screenshot.

0 Kudos