Highly Available ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment (Load Balancer)

03-07-2019 12:37 AM
ruwaidasubhi
New Contributor

What are the system requirements of the load balancer that uses in the highly available ArcGIS Enterprise deployment?

And is there any recommended type of  load balancer that we can use it in deployment?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Hello there Rowaida Subhi‌ We do not provide any specifications on a load balancer that you would look to utilize. I would assume that ones like an F5 load balancer would function for what you are looking to perform.

You can see based off our documentation that we refer to the load balancers as third party load balancers:

Multiple-machine deployment with third party load balancer—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ... 

I am sorry we cannot provide recommendations.

ruwaidasubhi
New Contributor

Thanks for your replay.

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

Dennis,

I can't find any documentation that describes load balancing to PORTAL for ArcGIS. All the scenarios described in ESRI documentation seem a bit dated. The link you provided describes connecting a load balancer to ArcGIS Server. I want to connect ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment to load balancer. Do you have any description/information for that workflow?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

The information for Portal will be in the Configure a highly available Portal doc:

Pre-requisites:

Configure a highly available portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Configure the LB:

Configure a highly available portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

The main things for a load balancer are setting the X-Forwarded-Host header and an HTTP health check against the healthCheck URL.

Health Check—ArcGIS REST API: Administer your portal | ArcGIS for Developers 

The deployment strategies documentation outlines different architecture:

Deployment scenarios for a highly available ArcGIS Enterprise—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Ente... 

DennisSmith
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the response Jonathan  as always you are a tremendous resource. 

0 Kudos