Hide feature layer name in custom print layout GP service?

07-24-2018 04:33 PM
QiranLiang
New Contributor III

Hi everyone, I have been trying to publish a custom print layout in our enterprise, I have try using both ArcGIS Pro and Arcmap to publish it but both of them failed to hide the layer name in the final product. 

how it looks in arcmap desktop

how it looks in Arcgis Pro

what it end up looking in the GP service by arcmap. 

what it looks like in webtool by Arcgis Pro.

Also by some reason, in the webtool by arcgis pro, it will always shows all the features even those features didn't show up in the map extent. 

I already clicked the only show features visible in the map extent option in the layout file. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

There is a known limitations when you publish from ArcMap.

It should work with ArcGIS Pro though. You need to select the 'Legend' node >> Open the 'Properties' pane from its context menu >> click on 'Show properties...' under 'Legend Items' >> make sure 'Layer Name' checkbox is unchecked.

Note: don't select any layers that appear as child elements in the Legend node on the TOC/Content Pane. You need to have the 'Legend' node selected to set default properties that would apply to all layers that would get added by print service at the run time.

Also by some reason, in the webtool by arcgis pro, it will always shows all the features even those features didn't show up in the map extent. 

as of now, that only works with feature layer; but doesn't work with mapImage layers (aka map service layers).

QiranLiang
New Contributor III

I found out that in Pro, you also need to right click on one of the layers in legend, and select "save as default" in order to let it works

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

I just gave it a try by setting properties to the 'Legend' node and it worked for me - i didn't have to go thru the 'save as default' option.

but if you have to right-click on a layer and use 'save as default' to get it to work, even after setting those properties to the 'Legend' node, that could potentially a bug.

I'd recommend you to contact Esri Support and have them take a look to investigate it further.

thanks.