HELP!! Server 10.3.1 'geostatserver' License Expired Error

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 02:22 PM
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

Our ArcGIS Server (10.3.1) just went down. I've restarted it several times, and tried reauthorizing the software to no avail. We keep getting these errors in the logs. I've never seen this before and I can't find any references on Google. Our entire website is down as a result of this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, long story short we bought another domain name from Wix, and it messed up the SSL settings on our website. The HTML widgets that hold our map links were just empty, because they couldn't access our server. Word of warning to anybody that has a Wix site, they will not be able to help you with situations like this because they don't support "third party code." Ugh.

Are those licenses extensions? I can't find those names anywhere. I guess it was an unrelated error, but it's still very strange. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

We realized our problem was actually with our web host. I'd still like to figure out what these errors mean. 

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm curious what the problem was with your web host.   Since you resolved the issue, it may be good to summarize so you can mark it as answered or assumed answered. But it may be easier for someone to explain what the error messages mean if they know how you resolved.

my guess would have been an expired developer subscription or a tried license expiration.....or possibly an expired SSL cert, but I haven't seen these messages before.

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

I agree with Rebecca's guess regarding those messages being from trial licenses for ArcGIS Server extensions.

You can confirm by checking the keycodes file in \\Program Files\ESRI\License10.5\sysgen\keycodes. Just crack it open with a text editor and look for expired licenses for those features. If those messages bug you, you can remove the offending lines (make a backup first) and restart the ArcGIS Service.

0 Kudos

Well, long story short we bought another domain name from Wix, and it messed up the SSL settings on our website. The HTML widgets that hold our map links were just empty, because they couldn't access our server. Word of warning to anybody that has a Wix site, they will not be able to help you with situations like this because they don't support "third party code." Ugh.

Are those licenses extensions? I can't find those names anywhere. I guess it was an unrelated error, but it's still very strange. 

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Thanks. You never know when that may be helpful to someone else.

I marked it as "assumed answered" to close the thread, but you may mark you response instead if you would like.

0 Kudos