My team has recently made the acquisition of ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server (for up to 8cores) along with ArcGIS Enterprise (4cores).
I would like to start with a very simple install of these products and if possible on the same machine.
Is this possible? If so, what should this machine look like? 8 or 12 cores? 32 GB of RAM? ...
Thank you for your help!
Hi Emmanuel Rosetti,
That's awesome news that you are going to be using GeoAnalytics to power your analysis!
You may already know about some or all of these links, but I wanted to provide them in one place in case anyone else is reading this question later on
- Deployment patterns - includes minimum requirements for components: Deployment patterns for ArcGIS Enterprise—ArcGIS Enterprise | ArcGIS Enterprise + Base ArcGIS Enterprise deployment—ArcGIS Enterprise | ArcGIS Enterprise
- Steps to set up GeoAnalytics: Set up ArcGIS GeoAnalytics Server—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise
- GeoAnalytics settings (configured after you have it all set up to fully use your resources): GeoAnalytics Server settings—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise
Currently, the documentation suggests a minimum of:
- 16 GB for GeoAnalytics Server
- 16 GB for a base deployment (portal, hosting server, and relational + tile cache)
- 16 GB for the spatiotemporal data store
I would personally recommend a 3 machine setup, one for each of the 16 GB mentioned above (and 32 if you have it!). If this is just for prototyping, and not for deployment, you could try it all on a single machine with 32GB. If you have 2 machines, I would put the spatiotemporal data store on a second machine. Be warned in that case, it probably won't be performant, but you'll become familiar with the tools and workflows for scaling out later.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions,
Product Engineer, GeoAnalytics Team
Thank you for your response Sarah!
Three machines would be ideal indeed but it might be a bit complicated to obtain all three right away. I understand the performance issues with only one or two machines but it would help me build some examples of what is doable with this software and how it could benefit my organization.
Could I be using VMs on a single machine to try to replicate the ideal environment (3machines).
Thank you again,