Group Managed Service Account (gMSA) on linux

09-29-2022 11:16 AM
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

Hello everyone

I would like to ask about gMSA if they still not supported in ArcGIS Enterprise that will be installed on Linux environment? I hope if one of Esri staff answer my question as this will be critical for our future plan.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

I'm not aware if gMSA accounts are supported on Linux in general, let alone in ArcGIS Enterprise on Linux.  Is there a tool or utility you've used to utilize gMSA accounts from Linux?

0 Kudos
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

Thanks @JeffSmith  for your reply. I am not sure if gMSA are supported on Linux. I am in a situation that a customer prefer to go with Linux and their IT claim that he can federate a Linux server with AD that have gMSA, and therefore Linux server can leverage them. I understood from your reply that gMSA are not supported ArcGIS Enterprise that installed on Linux. Am I right?

0 Kudos
JeffSmith
Esri Contributor

@MarGIS, I can't say for 100% that it is not supported but I have never seen one on Linux and from what I have read, if it were possible, it would not be straight-forward.  I know you can federate a Linux server with AD but I'm not sure how Linux would utilize a gMSA without explicitly providing the password.

0 Kudos
MarGIS
by
New Contributor III

@JeffSmith Thanks

0 Kudos