Granting permissions to the ???ArcGIS Server Account??? user on data stored in client...

02-07-2013 09:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: Jamal432@gmail.com

Granting permissions to the �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� user on data stored in client machine,

As the ArcGIS server is installed on the server machine (named p2) then the account �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� user is created automatically on that machine.

While working on the client machine (named p1) and having the data stored on it then how to give permissions to the �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� user (which is a user on the server machine) knowing that the network type is �??home network�?� (no domain is set).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21575[/ATTACH]

In this case, there is no way to grant the �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� user (which is a user on the server machine) permissions on the client machine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21576[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]21577[/ATTACH]

How might this issue be resolved?

Thank you

Best

Jamal
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: rlwatson

There is a Windows trick that might work for you.  Simply create a local account on the client machine which has the exact same username and password as the account that the server will use to access the client.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
There is a Windows trick that might work for you.  Simply create a local account on the client machine which has the exact same username and password as the account that the server will use to access the client.

Thank you Richard for the help,

Could you please elaborate a bit more regarding this issue?

�?� The screenshot below shown the map of user of a client machine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21581[/ATTACH]

�?� The screenshot below shows the maps of users of the server machine (which includes the �??ArcGIS Server Account�?�)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21582[/ATTACH]

�?� Do I need then to create a user on the client and server machine that has same credentials?

Best

Jamal
----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Try creating "ArcGIS Server Account" on the client with the same password that you used on the server.
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
Try creating "ArcGIS Server Account" on the client with the same password that you used on the server.

Many thanks Richard for the help,

�?� The �??ArcGIS Server Account�?� user is added to the client machine (p1) with the same password as the one on the server machine (p2)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21625[/ATTACH]

�?� But the problem is still there

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21628[/ATTACH]

�?� Another folder which include other data is shared and permissions were given to the �??ArcGIS Server Account�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21626[/ATTACH], [ATTACH=CONFIG]21627[/ATTACH]

�?� I tried to register this folder but I got the message �??the arcgis is not able to connect to the specified folder. Please, ensure the folder exists and has the appropriate permissions for the arcgis server to access it�?�

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21629[/ATTACH]

�?� I tried to register the same folder (after being copied and pasted to the D:\ partition of the server machine) and it has been SUCCESSFULLY registered

This emphasize that this issue is related to the relationship between the client machine (in which the arcgis sever is NOT installed) and the server machine (in which the arcgis sever is installed).

How such very tedious issue might be resolved?

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you want to share file based data then I think that the way to do it is to use UNC, e.g. \\machinename\Share, paths.  Everyone has to use the same UNC path and it is this path that must be registered with the server. 

If that doesn't work then I'm out of suggestions:(
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
If you want to share file based data then I think that the way to do it is to use UNC, e.g. \\machinename\Share, paths.  Everyone has to use the same UNC path and it is this path that must be registered with the server. 

If that doesn't work then I'm out of suggestions:(

Thank you Richard. I see if I can sort it out.

Best

Jamal
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos