GP Service analyser gives error 00068: broken project data source

Jump to solution
07-07-2015 05:13 AM
JonMorris2
Occasional Contributor II

I'm trying to publish a GP result to both my live and dev servers.

I ran the tool, clicked on the result and published to the live server without a problem. Then I clicked on the same result and tried to publish to the dev server, but the analyser complains about a broken project data source. The path it gives in the error message (C:\Users\jpm\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.3\Staging\arcgis on xxxx_live_6080 (admin)\0\v101\xxxx.sde) contains the address of the live server, so it's not surprising that it does not exist, as the Staging folder was cleared out after the tool successfully published.

Are we supposed to run the tool again to publish it to a different server?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonMorris2

And the answer is: not only do you have to rerun the tool, you have to restart Arcmap. It must cache the server path somewhere and will only change to a different server if you turn it off and on again.

Update:
This is also the case if you rename the server connection name in an attempt to get rid of the 001270 error.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/001270_Consolidating_the_data_failed/00vp0000002r001...

Another update:
You don't even need to change servers - I'm getting this error now when I try and publish a second result to the same server. The workaround this time is to manually create the \0\v101 subfolder and copy the sde connection file back in. For some reason Arcmap deleted it then complained when it couldn't find it. Well done, everyone.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonMorris2

Cross-posting inGeoprocessing

0 Kudos
JonMorris2

And the answer is: not only do you have to rerun the tool, you have to restart Arcmap. It must cache the server path somewhere and will only change to a different server if you turn it off and on again.

Update:
This is also the case if you rename the server connection name in an attempt to get rid of the 001270 error.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/001270_Consolidating_the_data_failed/00vp0000002r001...

Another update:
You don't even need to change servers - I'm getting this error now when I try and publish a second result to the same server. The workaround this time is to manually create the \0\v101 subfolder and copy the sde connection file back in. For some reason Arcmap deleted it then complained when it couldn't find it. Well done, everyone.