Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoprocessing service outputs raster (tif) but result map service does not work

10-07-2022 08:47 PM
PingYin1
New Contributor II

I used a model builder in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 to create a simple model that uses two TIFF files as input of weighted sum tool and outputs a raster dataset. I published this model as a GP service to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server (v10.9) and checked "View output in map image layer" when publishing. When I run the GP service (either on the services directory webpage, in ArcGIS Pro, or using JavaScript code), I can get the output TIFF file in the job scratch folder, but there is no results.msd file (map service definition) there. So, the related result map service is empty. 

To test if the result map service is working, I built another model with feature set (polygons) as output . The result map service worked for that. I also used the TIFF I got from the previous GP service to publish a map service from ArcGIS Pro, it also worked. 

I need to display the output raster on my web map, so I need the result map service working. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, this bug still exists until 11.0, even with the arcgis pro 3.1 publish service. Esri says it will be fixed in 11.1.
Esri does not have any patch package or Hot Fix for 11.0 until today, which is puzzling.

0 Kudos
DouglasLong
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm this is resolved using 11.1 and arcpro 3.1 with the patch. I was not able to publish directly, however I had to save to SD/service definition file, than publish using the GP tool and the SD file as input.

0 Kudos
TLombardi
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue. @DouglasLong, can you elaborate on how you implemented your workaround? 

0 Kudos
TLombardi
New Contributor II

I had some success testing a simplified version of our geoprocessing service from a script tool on server 11.1 and arcgis pro with the first 3.1 patch as well. I followed sample code CreateGPSDDraft example 2: Publishing to a stand-alone server: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/arcpy/functions/creategpsddraft.htm.  

0 Kudos