Select to view content in your preferred language

Geoprocessing service outputs raster (tif) but result map service does not work

10-07-2022 08:47 PM
PingYin1
New Contributor II

I used a model builder in ArcGIS Pro 3.0 to create a simple model that uses two TIFF files as input of weighted sum tool and outputs a raster dataset. I published this model as a GP service to a stand-alone ArcGIS Server (v10.9) and checked "View output in map image layer" when publishing. When I run the GP service (either on the services directory webpage, in ArcGIS Pro, or using JavaScript code), I can get the output TIFF file in the job scratch folder, but there is no results.msd file (map service definition) there. So, the related result map service is empty. 

To test if the result map service is working, I built another model with feature set (polygons) as output . The result map service worked for that. I also used the TIFF I got from the previous GP service to publish a map service from ArcGIS Pro, it also worked. 

I need to display the output raster on my web map, so I need the result map service working. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Mapbe it's a bug, you can publish this gp service with arcmap.

0 Kudos
PingYin1
New Contributor II

Thank for your suggestion. However, I don't have ArcMap available for the testing. Also, since ArcGIS Server 11, server connection from ArcMap will be not allowed. I'm thinking if it could be version combability issue between the desktop and server. The equivalent version of ArcGIS Pro for ArcGIS Server 10.9 is 2.8. I used ArcGIS Pro 2.8 to publish the GP service onto Server 10.9. The result map service still is empty. 

Just wondering anyone got the result map service working when the GP service outputs a raster data? What versions of desktop and server are used? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

I find some bugs that may be related to your question, please see: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE1MDA2Mw==  https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzOTE0NQ== 

Esri said that a patch package would come out, but so far I haven't found. 

PingYin1
New Contributor II

Yes, I think this is a bug for ArcGIS Server 10.9. I will test ArcGIS Server 11 when I get it and see if this bug has been fixed or not. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Okay, this bug is not solved in arcgis server 11 either. I have tested it.

PingYin1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the testing and it is not good news. I tested using ArcMap 10.8 to publish a GP service with raster output to ArcGIS Server 10.9. It worked! So I think the bug may exist in the ArcGIS Pro runtime of the server. However, since v11, ArcMap runtime will not be supported any more. Esri really needs to prioritize the patch for fixing the bug.

0 Kudos
Lerman
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I also think this is a bug that should be addressed as a priority. As far as I know, Esri has provided a hot fix for version 10.8.1. For other versions, patch packages may be available soon.

0 Kudos
PingYin1
New Contributor II

The page of the bug you mentioned earlier shows that the bug will be fixed in version 3.1. So, let's wait for the update of ArcGIS Pro 3.1 and see.😀

0 Kudos
DouglasLong
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm this is still an issue in ArcGIS server 11.0 and ArcPro 3.1

What I have tried

• confirmed it works fine publishing from arcmap to previous server versions (11 only allows from arcpro)
  • tested different output raster data types (raster layer, raster dataset, raster data layer etc)
  • test different toolbox version (3.1, 3.0, 10.X, etc.)
  • tested without output symbology and with symbology
  • tested styling with .lry and .lryx

I believe this bug is still not resolved and none of the patches work.

0 Kudos