Geocoding - How to switch a locator to use the DisplayX and DisplayY values for PointAddress locators

10-07-2015 08:59 AM
SutharsanSuriya_Prakash
New Contributor

Hi

We are using ESRI SMP and using arcgis desktop / server 10.3.1 version and geocode maintenance patch is upgraded. But still we are not seeing option to switch a locator to use the DisplayX and DisplayY values instead of the X and Y values for PointAddress locators.

Let you know where we need to change this settings to use displayx and displayy values in point locators

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkNewman3
New Contributor

I just geocoded 6000 addresses using the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service.  4000 of my addresses returned with Addr_type = "PointAddress", which is great, the geocoding should be rooftop quality.  But when we display the point featureclass, all of the points are displayed along streets (X, Y).  How do we use the DisplayX, DisplayY values instead?

Why is the "Derive output geometry from display fields" option not available when I use the World Geocoding Service?  I'd really like to use my rooftop DisplayX, DisplayY values without creating a modified featureclass or resorting to a hack.

0 Kudos