FieldMaps for ArcGIS at Enterprise 10.9

Jump to solution
05-07-2021 12:50 PM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - I can't seem to find whether or not I should uninstall my current FieldMaps app from my Portal at 10.8.1 before I run the upgrade to 10.9. I can see from the 'What's new' that Field Maps is now included at 10.9, but I can't seem to find anything that says I should uninstall the latest 10.8.1 version.. . . I'm assuming I should but, I don't know for sure-

Thanks-

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidColey  I can confirm that you should uninstall Field maps for ArcGIS 10.8.1 before upgrading.

We have made a note for the documentation team to include this in the product doc as well.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidColey So I took a look at https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/announcements/map-viewer-beta-in-arcgis-... and in it, we see this:

"

If you are upgrading from a previous version of ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or before) without the new Map Viewer, follow the steps in the above section.

However, if you are upgrading from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and already have the new Map Viewer installed, follow these steps:

Upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise (including the Portal for ArcGIS component) to 10.9.
Upgrade the new Map Viewer to 10.9 by running the installer linked above in this blog. Install the 10.9 version on the same machine(s) where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
The installation will take approximately 15-20 minutes and will automatically restart your portal service, so you may want to run the installation during off hours if it is important for your Enterprise portal to not experience any interruptions.

Any maps and content created and saved in Map Viewer Beta will remain in your organization and will not be affected by upgrading.

For more information on upgrading, please see the help documentation on the Esri Community post."

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there David, I am looking into this and will follow up when I find out more info.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidColey  I can confirm that you should uninstall Field maps for ArcGIS 10.8.1 before upgrading.

We have made a note for the documentation team to include this in the product doc as well.

Keep on keeping on!
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Great thanks Jon!

DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi again @JonEmch  - can you confirm the same for the Map Viewer Beta and Portal for ArcGIS web styles at 10.8.1?  I have a distributed deployment and believe I need to un-install both prior to the 10.9 upgrade, then re-install the latest versions post-install . . . 

JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm going to look into this, will update you here when I find out.

Keep on keeping on!
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

will do thanks .  . .

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@DavidColey So I took a look at https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/announcements/map-viewer-beta-in-arcgis-... and in it, we see this:

"

If you are upgrading from a previous version of ArcGIS Enterprise (ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 or before) without the new Map Viewer, follow the steps in the above section.

However, if you are upgrading from ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and already have the new Map Viewer installed, follow these steps:

Upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise (including the Portal for ArcGIS component) to 10.9.
Upgrade the new Map Viewer to 10.9 by running the installer linked above in this blog. Install the 10.9 version on the same machine(s) where Portal for ArcGIS is installed.
The installation will take approximately 15-20 minutes and will automatically restart your portal service, so you may want to run the installation during off hours if it is important for your Enterprise portal to not experience any interruptions.

Any maps and content created and saved in Map Viewer Beta will remain in your organization and will not be affected by upgrading.

For more information on upgrading, please see the help documentation on the Esri Community post."

Keep on keeping on!
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

ok thanks @JonEmch .  I did go through that announcement, but for some reason it just wasn't clear to me (not that it's not clear to others!).  It now reads to me that after the Enterprise 10.9 upgrade, running the beta map viewer 5 exe will just detect the earlier version and (as you say) will keep on keeping on! 

Thanks again 🙂 

OdonchimegAyush
New Contributor II

Hi @JonEmch , I just upgraded our portal to 10.9.1 from 10.8.1. fieldmaps link is created on app launcher but is not installed during the upgrade.

I can't find setup file related 10.9.1 from my.esri.com -> download. please advise me how to install it.

I am having issue arcgis insights existing connector typles - mssql. if you know the resolution, please guide me there.

0 Kudos