Feature Disappears

Jump to solution
02-28-2017 12:56 PM
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

We have a 10.4.1 MXD with sewer pipes and manholes.  We are using a multi value symbology and multi labeling for the sewer pipe line work.  When we push a service out onto a 10.4.1 ArcGIS for Server (on VM), and then view the service, the sewer pipe line work disappears at a scale constraint change for the labels for the sewer pipe line work. 

If we push the service out onto our old physical 10.2 ArcGIS for Server and view the service, the sewer pipe line work does not disappear - it works correctly.

We have worked with ESRI support and have compressed and reindexed the data. 

We are asking if anyone else has experienced this scenario, and if so, what was the fix? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Right so, the database is 10.2.  

We moved the data out to a file geodatabase, re sourced the feature classes in the MXD, published the service, pushed out to our Cityworks application map, works like a champ. 

Just something hinky in that 10.4.1 server I think. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Drew
by
Occasional Contributor III

Just a few ideas and Questions..

• If this is a Feature Service make sure your max records are to the appropriate amount (i.e. 3000): 
  • Have you tried removing the labels and adding them in as a second layer into the map ?
  • Does removing the labels fix the problem?
  • Random idea... Does it work if you put the data into a FGDB ? I have seen the FGDB work better with AGS

• Drew
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III
  • Max records was a non issue
  • Did not add the feature class again and label classes separately, would have looked funny for the end user in the legend
  • Removing the labels, service worked as expected
  • Worked in the FGDB as expected
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In addition to Andrew's questions, what version database are you using? You may be using 10.4.1 ArcMap, but the database may be at 10.2. Just something to check.

0 Kudos
JohnMellor__GISP
New Contributor III

Right so, the database is 10.2.  

We moved the data out to a file geodatabase, re sourced the feature classes in the MXD, published the service, pushed out to our Cityworks application map, works like a champ. 

Just something hinky in that 10.4.1 server I think. 

0 Kudos