Feature class to hosted map service - hosted edits back to original feature class?

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 08:45 AM
BrianGober
New Contributor

Hello, I created a simple File Geodatabase on my desktop, then a feature class within that. I published this feature class to ArcGIS online as a hosted editable map service.

Now when I make edits in ArcGIS online, is there a way to connect these edits back to the original feature class I created on my desktop?

Or is this not a standard practice?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

You would need ArcGIS Server to do this.  You can publish your data to ArcGIS Server as a feature service rather than ArcGIS Online.  When edits are made in the web map/app, the edits are written directly to the geodatabase.  Also, an enterprise geodatabase is needed in order to publish a feature service to ArcGIS Server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

You would need ArcGIS Server to do this.  You can publish your data to ArcGIS Server as a feature service rather than ArcGIS Online.  When edits are made in the web map/app, the edits are written directly to the geodatabase.  Also, an enterprise geodatabase is needed in order to publish a feature service to ArcGIS Server.

0 Kudos
BrianGober
New Contributor

Thanks Jake! This makes sense.

0 Kudos