Failed to start the server machine 'ServerName'. Premature end of file.'

11-17-2015 11:19 AM
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor

Here I need urgent help.

I did disc clean up today and unfortunately deleted all the files from  C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles.

Now I cannot able to see the published map services in our service link http://web.om/arcgis/rest/services/Comapny

How can I solve this . When I open arcggis server manager, I can see all the services with the status stopped.Wen I try to start the service getting error Premature end of file.'

How can I solve this ...Plsss help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Two , no make that three suggestions:

1.  Take a deep breath and say "I'm gonna get through this..." (repeat as needed)

2.  Any chance you have a back up you can restore?

3.  You might need to get tech support involved

can't wait to retire....
0 Kudos
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor

OMG...Is it possible to publish the service again..

No backup I kept

I cleared two folders which s

C:\inetpub\logs\wmsvc

C:\inetpub\logs\LogFiles

Is this deletion cause the problems???If S, can u tell me what type of extenstion files resides in these folder?

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This from a 10.0 install:

c:\inetpub\logs\logfiles has an additional folder calle W3SVC1 with a bunch of .log files in it

c:\inetpub\logs\wmsvc  is empty.

I wonder if you clobbered something else; I can't imagine that deleting some log files is enough to wipe out your services.

Why don't you simply try to publish the service(s) and see what happens.

can't wait to retire....
0 Kudos
JulieBiju
Occasional Contributor

Yes I tried to publish another services..But asking to eable publish services.

In utility /System I tried to start publish service but the error is same as mentioned before

Can u tell me this particular folder is empty or not??In my case this folder s empty.I think disk clean up tool deleted all these

C:\arcgisserver\logs\Servername\services\System\PublishingTools.GPServer

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't have that path in my 10.0 installation.  You should really call tech support; they should be able to help you out.

can't wait to retire....
0 Kudos