failed to publish service

Jump to solution
04-03-2017 04:11 AM
SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie to arcgis server, I wanted to publish a WFS and to do so I've created a Geodata service then checked the WFS check box, when clicking analyse I got no errors but once I click publish I got the error : Failed to publish service.

I've checked the log file and I found :

<Msg time="..." type="SEVERE" code="8003" source="Server" process="10788" thread="17" methodName="" machine="...." user="" elapsed="">Failed to initialize server object 'MyGeoDataService': 0x80040351: DBMS table not found </Msg>
<Msg time="..." type="SEVERE" code="8274" source="Server" process="6196" thread="1" methodName="" machine="...." user="" elapsed="">Failed to construct instance of service 'MyGeoDataService.GeoDataServer'. null</Msg>

I already succeded publishing a Geodata service but once I check the WFS capability, It fails.

I hope someone can help me debuging that error, I'm working with PostreSQL and a 10.2 version of arcGIS server.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JillianPenney
Esri Contributor

Hi Sara,

This may happen if there are items in your geodatabase that are not supported by WFS. It may be best to start with a geodatabase that has only simple data to see if you can figure out which item in the geodatabase is causing the problem.

The WFS implementation on ArcGIS Server has seen many improvements in the recent past. Almost all of this has been done on the WFS implementation that works on top of the map services (not the geodata service). Going forward, if enabling WFS is a priority for you, we would highly recommend that you enable the WFS on a map service.

Jill

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JillianPenney
Esri Contributor

Hi Sara,

This may happen if there are items in your geodatabase that are not supported by WFS. It may be best to start with a geodatabase that has only simple data to see if you can figure out which item in the geodatabase is causing the problem.

The WFS implementation on ArcGIS Server has seen many improvements in the recent past. Almost all of this has been done on the WFS implementation that works on top of the map services (not the geodata service). Going forward, if enabling WFS is a priority for you, we would highly recommend that you enable the WFS on a map service.

Jill

SaraEL_MALKI
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jillian, 

you're right, I've modified the data in my database by adding the "auto increment" functionality to the id "objectid", when I've canceled the changes, everything worked fine

thank you and have a great day

0 Kudos