Failed to publish replica as a hosted feature service, AGOL to Portal Collaboration

02-26-2020 11:40 AM
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

I have an ArcGIS Online to Portal collaboration using Portal 10.6.  I would like to copy AGOLs feature layer(sync is enabled) to Portal as a copy.  Here are the errors that I am receiving. 

WARNING
Item '088a9adf36024701b7cb96194307209a' received from participant was shared as a data copy but was added as a reference.
2020-02-26T19:34:09,280Sharing2199994041
SEVERE
Failed to publish replica as a hosted feature service.
2020-02-26T19:34:09,280Sharing2199994041

What is the cause of this and what is the solution?  I have un-shared the item and shared/synced again, but the issue remains.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Geoffrey,

What is the size of the layer you are sharing from ArcGIS Online? 

Are you sharing any other items at the same time (web maps, layers, etc)?

Are you seeing the item in ArcGIS Enterprise and if so, is the service URL referencing back to ArcGIS Online?

- Hilary

0 Kudos
GeoffreyWest
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Hilary, 

I am seeing other content that is synced such as maps.  The layer is a point feature layer with 3071 points.  I do see the item in Enterprise referencing back to ArcGIS Online.  

Do I need to configure a data store to copy data over and use a hosting server?  I am currently only using Portal with a Federated ArcGIS Server site that is not a data store.

What is ArcGIS Data Store?—ArcGIS Data Store (Windows) Installation Guide | Documentation for ArcGIS... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah I see; yes you will need at a minimum an ArcGIS Enterprise base deployment. Since you are planning to copy your data, that will create a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Enterprise with data residing in your relational ArcGIS Data Store.

0 Kudos